Subscribe to Blog via Email
Hello, my name is Aaron Newcomer. I am a writer, photographer and researcher. This website primarily details my research and photographs related to the Lefaucheux pinfire system; pinfire guns, pinfire cartridges and other early firearms. Please take a look around and learn about the role they played in shaping modern guns and ammo. Read more about me and where my work has been published.
The Pinfire Page
The Pinfire Page was a recurring column I had in each issue of the bimonthly publication, The International Ammunition Journal. This compilation book combines together the first 5 years of my column, showcasing my research, images and other documents related to the pinfire system which was the first major breakthrough in modern ammunition.
- What is the pinfire system? And why was it invented?
- Schleber’s Long-Range, Thread-Wound Shot Cartridge Cases
- Henri Barthe & The Lark Mirror; with a Taste of Ortolan Bunting
- A Treatise on the Robert Rifle by the Count of Langel
- A 19th Century Color Lithograph of a Hunting Scene Advertising Eley’s Sporting Ammunition